Welcome to the ECYPS website
ECYPS is an umbrella organisation co-ordinating and strengthening children & young persons' services. ECYPS provides advice and support to voluntary and community organisations working with children & young people aged 0-25 years.
ECYPS achievements include:
- Engaging with the local communities. There are currently 600 organisations working with children and young people in Enfield.
- 200 Young people achieved AQA accreditation in a wide range of programmes including: employment, sports, leadership, healthy lifestyle etc.
- Sports England financed physical activities for disabled people and people with mental health.
- Training- ECYPS' comprehesive training programme has developed over the years to include child protection, FGM training, Diversity and Impact of Adult Mental Health on children and young people. This quarter, January-March 2017 we had over 150 people from various organisations accessing our training programme.
- Parenting Programme-ECYPS successfully delivered SFSC programme for Shpresa. Over 15 parents from the Albanian spreaking community graduated and recently celebrated their success at their International Women's Day event.
- Teenscheme- Over 200 young people benefited holiday schemes and trips
- Soft Play - an inclusive provision for local local parents in an area of high deprivation, currently open 2 days a week every Wednesday and Thursday 10-1pm.
ECYPS co-ordinates and develop the voluntary sector input into the field of children's services in Enfield.
Functions of ECYPS
The service addresses issues raised by voluntary sector groups dealing with children
& young people. These include:
- pre-school playgroups
- parent/carer and toddler groups
- youth groups
- sports clubs
- arts and theatre groups
- self-help and care groups
Children & Young Persons' Services-
provides specialist advice and support to voluntary organisations
assists local organisations with fund raising and funding applications,accessing information.
is involved in developing consultations with the local authorities andtaking up issues of concern with relevant authorities.
- support in establishing new projects/provision
- support joint working with other organisations
- support in developing grant funding applications
- access to a range of training programmes
Disclosure & Barring Services (DBS) fomerly know as CRB -
DROP IN SESSIONS EVERY THURSDAY 10.00AM-3.30PM
If you are an organisation who needs to apply for a Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) for Trustees, Management Committee Members, new and exisiting staff, volunteers, look no further, this is the place to start....ECYPS is a registered body for the DBS. We have been providing CRB checks since April 2004.
You can apply for an enhanced check, which is the highest level of check available to anyone working with children and young people. As a registered body we offer guidance, application forms and are responsible for establishing the true identity of a Disclosure applicant. For more information contact Hamida on 020 8373 2711.
See DBS page.